Using the conversion chart

• I maybe missing something reading the chart, but for 1 lb of meat, it shows multiple 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon listings, but the weights are all different, .6 oz, .06 oz, can you tell me what I’m missing. Thank You.

• Walton's Employee

@loadpin To make sure we are talking about the same thing, at the Seasoning Conversion Chart the 6th from the top is Andouille Cajun Seasoning, it shows it is 1tbsp and 1 tsp to get to .94 oz for 1 lb of meat and just below that is Apple Bratwurst Seasoning that is 1tbsp and 1 tsp to get to .6 oz for 1 lb of meat? The two both require the same volume measurement (1 tbspn + 1 tspn) but have different weight measurements because they have different densities.

I hope I understood and answered your question?

Recent Posts

• N

If I made summer sausage and meat sticks and they have been cured, smoked and vacuum packed do I need to refrigerate them.

read more
  • L

@Joe-Hell awesome thank you

read more
  • My two cents worth… That first steak I ever did using Sous Vide was undoubtedly the most evenly cooked steak throughout that I’ve ever done. No over or under cooked spots. Also the most tender. Perhaps preferring the reverse sear just eliminates the extra time to do the Sous Vide. Not having one and heating water on the stove is just to worky for me. Extra planning you know. I’m going to try again with two steaks as Joe did. Hard to remember the texture between them. I do feel you get a better sear using the reverse because I’ll pull it at a lower temp and direct cook a bit longer.

As far as texture goes…Who the H… doesn’t like mashed potatoes! Actually one of my co-workers. He also hates pork so he don’t count. LOL

Personally, the texture of squash kills me…can’t do it!

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

8 users active right now (0 members and 8 guests).
Austin

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 5.5k posts in 1.2k topics.
We currently have 4.9k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Bogie.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.