Meat Processing Equipment 101 - Grinders

• Team Blue Dry Cured Sausage Admin Walton's Employee Canning

Chef Got ya, sorry, I misunderstood. Those are probably not going to be around until sometime around the Holidays. There is still some more work to be done and tested but once the have shown they have made the adjustments we will order and get them in as quick as possible!

• I was just on the 8/3 livestream and had some questions about grinders. I’m primarily going to be making snack sticks, brats, and summer sausages. For the time being I have a meat dept at a local market that will do a custom grind for us, however, for the long run I’d rather grind it myself so I can be aware of the protein extraction. So that being said, I was thinking of the Weston #22 Butcher or Pro Series (HP didn’t matter much) but since you were talking the pro cut #12 I’m not sure anymore. Also, with your new Walton’s Inc Grinders coming out, would you suggest I wait? I do also have the 44lbs meat mixer (I wish your 50lbs mixer was available at the time) and would like to attach it to the grinder if that helps out. Also, thanks for the information on the sure gel vs carrot fiber, I think that will help out our snack sticks. - Dan

dudeweembo Well the Weston Pro and Butcher #22 and #32 (and some #12s) are now basically impossible to find. I’ve recently heard good things about them being back in stock soon but I’ve been burned too many times to give anyone a date on that until they are firmly in hand!

I will say this, the #22, #32 in either Westons brand our ours will absolutely get the job done. Our grinders will have some advantages in design that will allow you to use commercial-style plates and knives or retail ones but if you wait for them it MIGHT be a month or so longer than the Weston ones. Our Walton’s grinders will also hook up to the Weston 44 lb meat mixer so either way your grinder will do the mixing for you!

• Jonathon Thank you for the insight! I think I’ll wait it out for the Walton’s Grinders 🙂 Sounds like they will be the best option. Most likely a #22 for me

dudeweembo To say we are excited for these grinders is a vast understatement! First, having any 22 or 32 grinders will be great but with these changes we really think we’re going to be selling a great product!

Categories

• Waltons Community

A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics

• Podcast

Listen to Austin and Jon as they talk all things meat processing, beer drinking and sausage making! Email them at [email protected] with any suggested topics or questions!

• Blogs

Follow along with Walton’s and the latest news, updates, and updates direct from the experts from Walton’s and Meatgistics, plus, follow along with Joe Hell in his amazing story and blog about “Better Living Through BBQ”!

• Meatgistics University

A new way of organizing and accessing any information you might need to make homemade meat products. Broken up into 7 categories and then presented in a class like structure.

• Waltons Learning Center

Learn about meat processing with recipes, tips, tricks, Meat Hacks, and more from the expert’s at Walton’s

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

5 users active right now (1 members and 4 guests).
rich

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 20.1k posts in 2.3k topics.
We currently have 10.2k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, elianajones.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.