Meatgistics University is Live!

• Walton's Employee

Meatgistics University Video

Weekly Blog Post - Meatgistics University is Live!

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Well, we just released 44 videos yesterday on our youtube page! I put them all into a playlist that you can view here (https://www.youtube.com/user/WaltonsTV/playlists) but probably the easiest way to digest this information is by going to Meatgistics University Home Page where we have everything listed out by category, then once you click into that category we have individual posts and videos on topics.

But we will be releasing Will It BBQ? Squid this week and then the Octopus one the following week. We have a couple other videos done and ready but we will wait on those a while to give everyone a chance to digest some of the information from Meatgistics University first.

I posted the link to the Livestream for anyone who missed it yesterday. There are still some unused 10% off coupon codes so watch the video if you are about to order and want 10% off your order. We also have a $10 coupon code in that video that will be good for everyone through 11/30.

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

Advanced Meatgistics U classes. I am really excited for the 201, 202.etc, classes as we will get to talk more about tips and tricks for making better products and we will be able to show some more examples of what we are talking about. For some of the introductory classes, there wasn’t any way to show you what we were talking about, too much of it was just me talking. We will be fixing that in future classes but that will mean that the videos will be more spread out, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!

What’s on our Mind?

The Livestream went very well last night, especially for our first effort, we had 1,000 people on the site at one time or another and we received excellent questions from those visitors. We will have some more clear instructions with how to work the chat next time as well as there was some confusion between the chat for the Livestream and Walton’s Customer Support Chat. Luckily our excellent customer service team did a great job and was able to direct most people to the correct place to ask your questions. So a big thank you to them! We also got a few good ideas for future videos from viewers questions.

New Products

Blue Head Cheese Casings one of the specialty sausages we are eventually going to get to is Head Cheese. When we do it we will absolutely be using these headcheese casings and these hold about 8 lb each so we will have plenty of it!

Recent Posts

• J

It sounds like you used casings that were intended for semi-dri, smoked or fermented snack sticks. For a fresh breakfast sausage you would want to use a “fresh” collagen or natural hog or sheep casing.

https://www.waltonsinc.com/21mm-fresh-collagen-casings

https://www.waltonsinc.com/natural-sheep-casings

read more
  • D

@papag Thank you!! That is what I had intended to do but wanted verification.

read more
  • C

On the measurements, I measured & calculated the five pound container of cure mix three times & got three different answers as would be suspected for something that should be weighed. However, since I do not have a food scale anymore I settled for about 2.25 cups to equal 1 pound of cure mix. Thank you for the suggestion on the liners & I will look into that too. I tried to find a food safe five gallon bucket, but was unable. I used my typical Aluminum Turkey Pot that I usually use with up to 2.5 gallon freezer bags for smaller turkeys, butts, briskets, etc. However, since this ham was so big, I had to go & get a 10 gallon freezer bag to use for the ham & put that into the Turkey Pot to keep it together. That ham has been taking a bath now for a day. Thank you all for all your help.

read more
  • H

Please help me if you can. Let’s say I wanted to mix two flavors like habanero and ranch yup that’s the request from the wife and friends and I’m down to try. Would I mix for the whole 25 lb batch or cut each in half? Main question is are there salts in these blends or just flavor?

read more
  • E

I made a batch of breakfast sausage. This is my first time using collagen casings. I used 19mm Mahogony edible collagen casings.
    Well, I pan fried them this morning and the casings were like rubber. I was able to slide the sausage out of the casings so all was not lost.
    Any ideas why the casings were not really edible?
    Thanks in advance
    Ed

read more
  • M

I smoked many a summers on my traeger. Turning them a few times during the process will ensure that you won’t get “cooked product” on the side that is facing the grill.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.