Meatgistics University is Live!

• Walton's Employee

Meatgistics University Video

Weekly Blog Post - Meatgistics University is Live!

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Well, we just released 44 videos yesterday on our youtube page! I put them all into a playlist that you can view here (https://www.youtube.com/user/WaltonsTV/playlists) but probably the easiest way to digest this information is by going to Meatgistics University Home Page where we have everything listed out by category, then once you click into that category we have individual posts and videos on topics.

But we will be releasing Will It BBQ? Squid this week and then the Octopus one the following week. We have a couple other videos done and ready but we will wait on those a while to give everyone a chance to digest some of the information from Meatgistics University first.

I posted the link to the Livestream for anyone who missed it yesterday. There are still some unused 10% off coupon codes so watch the video if you are about to order and want 10% off your order. We also have a $10 coupon code in that video that will be good for everyone through 11/30.

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

Advanced Meatgistics U classes. I am really excited for the 201, 202.etc, classes as we will get to talk more about tips and tricks for making better products and we will be able to show some more examples of what we are talking about. For some of the introductory classes, there wasn’t any way to show you what we were talking about, too much of it was just me talking. We will be fixing that in future classes but that will mean that the videos will be more spread out, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing!

What’s on our Mind?

The Livestream went very well last night, especially for our first effort, we had 1,000 people on the site at one time or another and we received excellent questions from those visitors. We will have some more clear instructions with how to work the chat next time as well as there was some confusion between the chat for the Livestream and Walton’s Customer Support Chat. Luckily our excellent customer service team did a great job and was able to direct most people to the correct place to ask your questions. So a big thank you to them! We also got a few good ideas for future videos from viewers questions.

New Products

Blue Head Cheese Casings one of the specialty sausages we are eventually going to get to is Head Cheese. When we do it we will absolutely be using these headcheese casings and these hold about 8 lb each so we will have plenty of it!

Recent Posts

• R

Any idea of brand on the “brown” ones? I used to be able to buy them from my local butcher but he has since stopped selling them. Or where to purchase?

read more
  • E

@ramt600 I had the same thing happen with the reddish ones also and the brown ones worked the best so, I just stopped using the red casings.

read more
  • Another way is with a digital gram scale. 1 ounce = 28 grams. 6 oz = 168 grams. 168 ÷ 100 = 1.68 grams per pound.

read more
  • @meatmadam
    You will need to inject the hams first. After injecting, then take any leftover brine, and put that with the hams into a tumbler. Then, tumble for 2-3 hours. Hold it overnight in a cooler, and then smoke it the next day!

read more
  • M

Thank you Austin, looking forward to try it with my new vacuum tumbler! As the tumbler does not allow for 24 hours of tumble ( dial cannot be set longer than one hour )what is recommended for doing a ham?

read more
  • @meatmadam
    If the usage is 6 oz per 100 lb of meat, to recalculate for another batch size, simply divide the additive weight by the meat block weight (6/100) and that equals how much to use per lb of meat (which is 0.06 oz per lb). You can then take the 0.06 oz and multiple that by however many pounds of meat you are making, so if that is 5 lb, then you end up needing 0.3 oz per 5 lb of meat.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.