Specialty Sausage & The Budweiser Big BBQ Show

• Walton's Employee

Fried Bologna Sandwich

Weekly Blog Post - Specialty Sausage & The Budweiser Big BBQ Show

Find out what's going on at Walton's and Meatgistics this week. We will have a loose schedule for soon to be released videos, what we are working on long-term and maybe a few quick tips and tricks that are on our mind!

What Videos are being released soon?

Meatgistics University - Specialty Sausage 101, 102 & 103 - These will be an overview of Specialty Sausage, How to Make Lebanon Bologna and How to Make Landjaeger. The Bologna and the Landjaeger both came out excellent, we are in the process of trying to make Blood Sausage as the 104 for that section!

What Projects are we looking ahead at?

We are looking forward to the 20(x) videos for all of the categories. These videos will focus more on the science behind why we recommend doing things the way we do as well as tips, tricks, and additives for making better products. Generally these processing videos are going to be pretty long, we might cut some of that time by not showing the basic processing tips but at the same time I would like people to be able to watch the 20(x) processing videos and not have to watch previous videos to be able to make high-quality products!

What’s on our Mind?

I was scheduled to call into The Budweiser Big BBQ Show, which is a weekly show where they talk about BBQing. It was a nice visit where I talked about some of the science behind smoking meat and I talked about you all as a community as well. So if you want to listen you can head on over to their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thebigbbqshow/) or http://www.extraordinarybbq.com/the-big-bbq-show/. It was a good time and they seem like some pretty good guys!

New Products

We’ve got two new Sausage Seasonings coming in from Excalibur. First, the Salsa Brat and @gadahl was looking for a recreation of a Sausage they had while on vacation so we found the Hawaiian Sausage Seasoning to see if that will work! As soon as we get those in stock I will be making them and see what they taste like and I will let you all know. I am especially excited about the Salsa Brat, I can just imagine how good it would be with Chicken Thighs!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• P

@cayenneman That is more like smoking pork butts or brisket. I did a whole wild turkey at 225F and since there is so little fat on them to start with I used it to make a turkey noodle soup and that little bit of extra smoke on the turkey is a game changer! I used the bones to make the stock and it also had a little smokeyness to it, delicious. Don’t be afraid to run the smoker up 225-250F. Just make sure get it warm and dry before putting the smoke to it so it will stick better.

read more
  • @rhjbarney That is the second time in recent weeks I have heard sausage referred to as Cigars, I like it and I am sure I can come up with a clever (for me at least) social media post about it. Also, I use a lot of the pictures our users post here on Walton’s Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts and also Meratgistics Face Book accounts. Consider this my shameless plug to follow our social media accounts.

read more
  • @Boxie Give us as much information as you can on your process and we will see if we can figure it out. So, it was 60% pork and 40% venison? What cuts of pork did you use? How much water, what seasoning, what was your mixing and grinding like, did you get enough protein extraction, what was your smoke schedule?. Pretty much as much detail as you can give will help because at 60/40 with carrot fiber there is no reason it should be dry.

Oh, and what tye of sausage were you making?

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics