Meatgistics: Pork Puller, Bucket Liners, Man Mix at WALTONSINC.COM

• Admin

Meatgistics: Pork Puller, Bucket Liners, Man Mix at WALTONSINC.COM

Watch Meatgistics EP8: Pork Puller, Bucket Liners, Man Mix at WALTONSINC.COM

In This Episode

Food Storage Containers
    Stark 5 Gallon Bucket Liners for Marinating-Brining
    Walton’s 10x13 Flexible Cutting Mats
    Walton’s 24x30 Flexible Cutting Mats
    Pork Puller
    Cheddar Ranch Wing Shake
    Garlic Romano Wing Shake
    Pepper and Garlic Jerky Seasoning
    Olive Oil Mister
    Smoked Seal Salt Seasoning Shaker

Coupons and Savings

Use coupon code MEATGISTICS6 at waltonsinc.com to receive 15% off of all the items featured in this episode. Valid until 11/6/2016.

Subscribe to WaltonsTV

Go to WaltonsTV and subscribe to stay up to date and be the first to see what’s new with Meatgistics and find news, recipes, and product reviews from Walton’s.

Summary

We have 2 brand new items to showcase this week. First off, we have what is called a Pork Puller. This handy little gadget attaches to most 3/8in drills and allow you to quickly and completely shred a pork butt into pulled pork in under 6 seconds. It’s a simply, yet must-have tool for anyone making lots of pulled pork, but not enough to justify the increased cost of a bowl cutter. Our second new item is the Stark 5 Gallon Bucket Liners for Marinating-Brining. These fit perfectly in most 5 gallon bucket and pails, plus our Food Storage Containers. It makes brining and marinating simple, easy, and reduces cleanup time. The Stark Bucket Liners are also great because you can easily tie the liner to remove all air and cover your meat.

If you haven’t seen our Walton’s Flexible Cutting Mats before, these are an extremely inexpensive cutting board that is still super durable and a great asses to have in the kitchen. The larger 24x30 mats are also perfect for all your larger cutting jobs or for boning out larger pieces of meat.

In our recipe section, we made Man Mix! In order to qualify as Man Mix, we needed to use our smoker to add some extra flare to a standard trail mix. We smoked pretzels and unsalted almonds with a touch of olive oil and then coated in seasonings like Smoked Seal Salt Seasoning Shaker, Cheddar Ranch Wing Shake, and Garlic Romano Wing Shake. The pretzels were a totally new idea we’ve never done before, but it was fantastic! We smoked them all at 200F for 1.5 hours and allowed to cool before adding to our Man Mix. Lastly, we of course had to add jerky to the Man Mix, and we used our Excalibur Pepper and Garlic Jerky Seasoning. The Man Mix was amazing and quite the delicious treat!

Finally, for this week’s Meat Hacks, we quickly discussed fat content in sausages. We prefer to use a 70% lean to 30% fat ratio for best results. Some sausages you can get away with something higher in fat like 60/40, or lower at 80/20, but when we are asked we always start with 70/30. Some people like to make a leaner sausage, even 90/10 or less fat, and while you can make extremely lean sausage, you will have a harder time maintaining a flavorful, moist, and appealing product without enough fat. Sausage stuffing is also much more difficult if you don’t use enough fat (and water) in your sausage. Remember, fat equals flavor!

Recent Posts

• W

I believe the recommended curing time is 12 hours but can I go less than that? I was expecting my order to be here tonight and it won’t be here till tomorrow morning now.

I was going to mix up my batch of jerky tonight but will have to do it tomorrow on my lunch break. Just wondering if tomorrow evening would be long enough to let the meat cure.

Thanks,

Weston

read more
  • M

Your recipe calls for 1. Sure Cure, 2. Sure Gel Meat Binder, and 3. Smoked Meat Stabilizer. I have all but the Sure Gel Meat Binder. Can I get by without using this? Second question- Is Excalibur’s Cure Excellerator the same as Sure Cure?

read more
  • @andyman Great question, Carrot Fiber holds up to 26 times its weight in water, and while the 80 oz is still well inside that I have never done that before. I max out (even with Carrot Fiber) at 64 oz which is 2 qts. My only fear with doing 80 is that it might take a lot longer to cook as it will have more water content that will be trying to evaporate. Most of that water should be bound up in the carrot fiber though so it wouldn’t really be available to be cooked out. Hmmm, my recommendation, to be safe is to stick with 64 oz of water.

Now, as to should you add more seasoning, some people will taste the difference if you did not add additional seasonings and some (most) will not. Your water and your seasoning is technically part of your meat block (anyone who is reading this who doesn’t consider this don’t worry!) so adjusting your meat block to include your water is sometimes done. If you do decide to add more spices or seasonings I would add aromatics and things like Rosemary and Basil, don’t add more salt as that is formulated specifically for the meat block.

Hope this helps and if you do decide to go with 80 oz of water then I would be very interested in the results!

read more
  • D

i use denuded round. higher cost, less waste, cleaner eating

read more
  • @twigg267 I did a meatgistics university article on this topic, you can view it Jerky 103 - Best Cuts For Jerky and read the article! Let me know if you have more questions beyond what is available there!

read more
  • A

@jonathon I enjoyed this line of questions and comments, it made me think. Here is my related question: Assume I use 25 lbs. of meat to make summer sausage and add one package, 4 oz., of Carrot Fiber and 80 oz. of water. The ratio is 20 times the weight of water to the weight of CF. In other words, I am adding 5 lbs. 4 oz. of water/CF paste to my meat dough. Should I adjust the amount of salt and spices, I add to the dough? I am concerned that the flavor will be weaker if I don’t add spices for the new total, 30 lbs. curious as to what y’all thinking.

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.