Making hot dogs.

• Your recipe calls for 1. Sure Cure, 2. Sure Gel Meat Binder, and 3. Smoked Meat Stabilizer. I have all but the Sure Gel Meat Binder. Can I get by without using this? Second question- Is Excalibur’s Cure Excellerator the same as Sure Cure?

• Walton's Employee

@mouljb Yes, you can absolutely proceed without the Sure Gel, the sure gell helps with protein extraction and consistency but it is not necessary. As for the Cure Excellerator no, it is not the same as sure cure, though the two are connected. Cure Excellerator speeds the cure so that it will work right away and eliminates the need to hold the product for 12 hours so you can go right from stuffing to smoking!

Recent Posts

• @Jonathon I’m grilling lamb chops, pork chops, flat iron and three different kinds of sausage tonight. Also having a salad. I think this job is going to work out just fine!

read more
  • @Jonathon Touché!

read more
  • S

@Jonathon Thank you… Do you leave the flakes whole or give them a quick pulse in the spice grinder?

read more

Recent Topics

Who's Online [Full List]

11 users active right now (1 members and 10 guests).
Ridds, ginsu14

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 7.1k posts in 1.3k topics.
We currently have 5.4k members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Buddy Matto.
The most users online at one time was 5081 on Fri May 03 2019.

Community Statistics

Users

Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltonsinc.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today.