Ground Jerky Curing Time

• I believe the recommended curing time is 12 hours but can I go less than that? I was expecting my order to be here tonight and it won’t be here till tomorrow morning now.

I was going to mix up my batch of jerky tonight but will have to do it tomorrow on my lunch break. Just wondering if tomorrow evening would be long enough to let the meat cure.

Thanks,

Weston

• Walton's Employee

@wrobben4848 While the recommended time is 12 hours, and that is what will give you the best result, you can cut that time down to 8-10 hours without too much difference. You might not get the meat to burn a really nice reddish/pink but since you are making jerky you don’t need to worry about that too much, you just want the curative properties. Good luck!

Active Users

Recent Posts

• @Joe-Hell
    Might have to check into that attachment. Thanks.

read more
  • @PapaSop I added the cold smoker attachment to my MB40…I stopped using the regular chip tray the same day I installed it and I’ve yet to go back.

read more
  • @pauliedmondsjr
    LOL. Everything is better with smoke on it. I have two MB smokers. Have had issues with chips catching fire thus raising the internal temperature and way to much smoke. Thought this would help moving the smoke source away from the burner(using LP). Thanks for the suggestions.

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics