Hot Dog/ Franks

• Hey Austin,
    I just made some Franks last weekend. Followed your instructions on Walton’s TV. I did use the cellulose casings, love them. Your step by step instructional video was most helpful. I’ve used Walton’s TV several times now and I’m a subscriber on You Tube. Good Stuff! Oh ya… The Franks are out of this world good!

Thanks again

Duane

• Admin

@congo
    Glad it worked out well for you and I always love to hear about more people following WaltonsTV on YouTube!

If there’s ever another type of video you want to see us do, be sure and let us know!

Recent Posts

• Sounds and looks great. Will be saving this one.👍

read more
  • S

I have made about 5 batches of summer sausage and have followed the videos, I purchased a 20 pound mixer, soak the casings, using the clear casings, stuff the casings, etc. The casings are not sticking to the meat. They look good until I shower them and let them cool, then they become very loose. I am using a cookshack smoker and it only has a quarter size hole in the top to let out moisture. Could the humidity be to high to let the casings adhere to the meat? I am using the temps per the summer sausage video. The sausage tastes fine, just trying to figure why this is happening.
    Thanks

read more
  • T

Thanks im just doing it for home hobby

read more
  • @loadpin dessicants in a vacuum sealed container in the freezer is really not going to do anything at all and would cause more problems. They are made with a cloth material and that material will get saturated with water/fat from the snack sticks and will end up rupturing when removing removing unthawed snack sticks from container. You do not want to use dessicants in that fashion and they really would not do anything for that anyways. If you vacuum seal your snack sticks real tight they should be great to eat without too much change in moisture for a few years. Many years ago i had dessicants and actually did this very thing for R and D and they dont work.
    What really are you going for?

read more
  • @tim-salois It is just an optional additive you do not need to use it but using it is going to increase your water holding capacity. This means it is going to give you a juicier (and better in our mind) product. If you are a commercial processor than you should absolutely be using it to increase your final yield.

Just be sure not to add too much as it can affect the taste if you go above the 2 oz for 25 lb of meat ratio.

read more
  • @jonathon ok thanks

read more

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.