Cutting snack sticks

• Anyone come up with a idea to cut snack sticks, instead of individually.

• Walton's Employee

@dubsmeats A knife that would cut across multiple rows is the easiest way that I have found. Set them up in rows of 5, get your longest sharp knife and just cut them across the entire row of 5.

Anyone have a better idea? Looking at our big processors like @raider2119 and @Parksider

• @dubsmeats We make our our sticks in approx 100# batches. Kitchen shears! We set up a jig, kind of.

First we cut the curley ends off. Make two lines on packing paper of the desired length and shear away. We are experimenting with something like a paper cutter this year but haven’t perfected it yet. When we get going this year I’ll post some pictures.

• Power User

I was thinking about a paper cutter…let us know how that works. We cut the ends off and package them up, the guys love the small bites-we call them nubs. I usually just use blue tape on a cutting board and line them up. Key is to have lots of help! We use the 6"x10" bags for 6 sticks. I like using the zip lock chamber vac bags but they can get pricey compared to regular bags.

Active Users

Recent Posts

• N

Is there any current coupons? Thanks

read more
  • P

@cayenneman That is more like smoking pork butts or brisket. I did a whole wild turkey at 225F and since there is so little fat on them to start with I used it to make a turkey noodle soup and that little bit of extra smoke on the turkey is a game changer! I used the bones to make the stock and it also had a little smokeyness to it, delicious. Don’t be afraid to run the smoker up 225-250F. Just make sure get it warm and dry before putting the smoke to it so it will stick better.

read more
  • @rhjbarney That is the second time in recent weeks I have heard sausage referred to as Cigars, I like it and I am sure I can come up with a clever (for me at least) social media post about it. Also, I use a lot of the pictures our users post here on Walton’s Instagram, Facebook and twitter accounts and also Meratgistics Face Book accounts. Consider this my shameless plug to follow our social media accounts.

read more

Recent Topics

Users

Topics