Buffalo Bleu Cheese Snack Sticks

• This past weekend we made a batch of Buffalo Bleu Cheese Snack Sticks. I have not tried this mix before, so it was just an experiment in trying something new. I am guessing that 80% of all of my previously processed snack sticks were made with the traditional Excalibur Pepper Stick Seasoning mix. While this is still my favorite and go to mix, I am trying to branch out and try some new seasonings. So, in my last order, I picked up the Buffalo Bleu Cheese mix as well as the Bloody Mary mix that I will make later this year after deer season (assuming we are fortunate enough to get some deer).

I have never used the Sure Gel before, but did in this latest batch and really like the texture that it gives to the sticks. I will be using the Sure Gel for sure going forward.

When we package meat it is a family affair often with my Dad, Brother, Brother-Inlaw, and our kids. Processing our own meat is a family tradition that has been going on for many years. One of my uncles was even a meat market owner/butcher for most of his life, and while we use a ton of Excalibur seasonings (love them) that we have been using long before I found Waltons Inc about 6 years ago, many of our recipes are from my grandparents and uncle that have been perfected and passed down for several generations.

Here is a link with some pics from this past weekend’s snack stick processing where we made 2 batches of original Pepper Sticks and the one batch of Buffalo Bleu Cheese which is one of my new favorites and will be made again!

• Admin

@NDKoze That sounds and looks awesome!
    I also absolutely love the Bloody Mary Snack Stick Seasoning, so I really hope that turns out great for you as well if you get some more deer meat this year!

Recent Topics

Popular Topics

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Waltons Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.