If you are looking for a spring / summer item to BBQ. A fellow I worked with told me his uncle did the following when he was a kid. Well we tried it and it is great.
- Buy a full sized baloney from deli or make your own.
- Need a rotisserie for the grill
- peel the wrapper from the baloney and cut spiral cuts around the baloney this will allow for fat to drip out.
- run the spit rod through the middle of the baloney.
- set grill to lowest temp to maintain 170- 200 degrees. You may have to open grill lid to maintain low temp.
cook time 1.5-2 hours basting with your favorite BBQ Sause. It will get a thick saucy texture. A caramelly browned color also. remove and let stand 5-10 min rest then slice 3/8 to 1/2 thick serve on bun garnished as you wish or eat it as a baloney steak. Both ways are great.